RSS + TwitterFeed.com + Ping.fm = Posts on 30+ social networking sites
With Twitterfeed and Ping.fm you get a very powerful tool for automatically updating your social networking profiles with content from your RSS feeds. Get fresh content distributed out to over 30 different social networks automatically every time you write a new blog post. If you have a blog or podcast (or both) that utilizes an RSS feed you should be aware of this method of effortlessly getting your content blasted out to a much larger social networking audience. With additional exposure you’ll have more opportunities to gain followers and subscribers to your content.
How Do I Set Up TwitterFeed and Ping.fm?
Overview of getting set up:
- Locate your RSS feed URL for your Blog, Podcast or other online content
- Set up an account with TwitterFeed.com
- Register your feed(s) with TwitterFeed.com
- Create an account with Ping.fm
- Register all your social networking sites on Ping.fm
- Set up auto posting on Ping.fm for all your social networking sites
- Link your TwitterFeed.com account to your Ping.fm account so that new posts from your RSS feed will go to your ping.fm account and auto post to your social networks
After you have made a few new episodes or Blog posts, check your social networking sites to see if your auto posting was successful.
It’s still a good idea to continue posting custom updates and personal messages to your social networking sites to make your profile more personal. These tools offer a great way to automate the process of updating profiles with your RSS content automatically, saving you valuable time.
Getting your social networks set up the first time can be a tedious task but after the initial setup you’ll have a very powerful distribution network delivering your content to potentially millions of people every time you create new content.